The Berger Institute is excited to announce a new tagline. Our new name, the Berger Institute for Individual and Social Development, is designed to capture the interdisciplinary work of the institute to advance change in individuals and communities, with the goal of improving health and well-being, broadly defined. To celebrate, we are offering faculty grants that focus broadly on the theme How We Thrive. Faculty may write small grants to fund speakers for their classes, attend workshops, or support research projects. We anticipate grants ranging from $200 – $500.
How to Apply
Proposals for calendar year 2021 are due on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 (by 11:59pm PST). Decisions will be made by March 17, 2021. Email your proposal to email@example.com with the subject line: Faculty Grant 2021. Please reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Funds are for current use and must be used by June 30, 2021 or they will be forfeited.
Student Development Grants
The Berger Institute is excited to announce our new name change! To celebrate, the Berger Institute for Individual and Social Development is offering student grants for projects that focus on our central focus, How We Thrive We are soliciting proposals for projects that students can engage in that will 1) help them to advance their individual development with the goal of well-being 2) help them to advance and develop a cause that will benefit society/their community. Projects could include, for example, bringing specific speakers to the campus community, going on a trip that would contribute to personal growth, taking a class, providing resources to a community group, etc.. If their essay proposals are chosen, students will be awarded up to $200 in funding for their spring semester project. Students may choose to work in teams.
All full-time and part-time CMC students are eligible to apply.
Before applying, please review these criteria:
- These grants are primarily for projects focused on individual or social development.
- We are particularly interested in supporting innovative ideas.
- Funds must be used for the approved activity.
- Funds are for current use and must be used by June 15, 2021 or they will be forfeited.
- This award has an expectation of both a brief written report (1-2 pages) and video update (1-3 minutes) of your project’s impact to be sent to us by June 15, 2021. Student Grantee videos will be posted on social media.
- Please submit your proposal at least two weeks prior to starting the project for which you are seeking funding.
Submit a 2-page essay that includes:
- Project title
- Project description (What is your project? How will you go about it? Where will it take place? How long and how often will it take place?)
- How your project fits with our theme of individual and/or social development
- Who your project affects
- Proposed team details (if more than just you) and their roles on project
- Budget (Where will that $200 go?)
- Predicted impact of your project
How to Apply
There are two rounds of deadlines for proposals. The first round of essays for early consideration are due on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 (by 11:59pm PST). Decisions will be made by March 17, 2021. The second round of essays are due on April 2, 2021 (by 11:59pm PST). Decisions will be made by April 16, 2021. Email your proposal to email@example.com with the subject line: Student Development Proposal Spring 2021. Please reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.