Our student research assistants (RAs) are actively involved in conducting hands-on research in the fields of developmental and health psychology. RAs are involved in all aspects of the research process, including hypothesis generation, data collection and analysis, and preparation of conference presentations and manuscripts. We train students on advanced behavioral, observational, and statistical methodology and offer intensive mentoring. Students from the Institute have gone to top graduate programs and have received fellowships. We seek highly motivated and responsible students to join our productive and engaging laboratory at the Berger Institute. RAs are expected to work independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks and research projects, attend weekly research meetings, and maintain frequent and regular communication with research team members.
Interested in becoming a volunteer research assistant for the Berger Institute?
We are currently accepting applications for volunteer research assistants to begin in the Spring 2020 semester. Students interested in applying are required to commit to six (6) total volunteer hours per week over two (2) semesters. Course credit is available after successful completion of the first semester; and depending on funding, paid positions may be available for students who have completed two semesters with the Institute.
Expectations and Requirements
- Enrollment as a 5C undergraduate student who has completed at least one academic semester.
- Commitment to a minimum of two semesters working in the lab (one of which may be a summer semester). Note: our students often stay in the lab for multiple years.
- Commitment to a minimum of 5 hours/week of lab work.
- Attend weekly 1-hour research lab meetings.
- Has completed (or will complete) coursework in research methods and/or data analysis.
- A minimum of a 9.0 GPA (equivalent to a 3.0 GPA) is preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume/CV to the Berger Research Coordinator, Jessica Vicman, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Volunteer Research Assistant Position” and your name in the subject line.
Applications are due Friday, January 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Interviews will be conducted between Monday, February 3 and Wednesday, February 5, 2020. Decisions will be announced by Friday, February 7, 2020.
Questions about this position should be directed to the Research Coordinator, Jessica Vicman, at email@example.com.